Terms & Conditions of Business
- "The Seller" means RoadPro Ltd
- "The Buyer" means the purchaser of any goods supplied by the Seller
- "The Goods" means the goods supplied by the Seller to the Buyer
- Incorporation of conditions
These conditions will form part of any contract whereby the Seller agrees to supply goods to the Buyer. These conditions will take precedence over any terms and conditions submitted by the Buyer whether before or after these conditions. No variation whatsoever to these conditions will be valid unless specifically agreed to in writing.
Any literature or information or information published by or submitted by the Seller which contains any descriptions, specifications, drawings or prices of the goods is published for guidance only. The Seller reserves the right to make modifications to the design and specifications of the goods without notice to the Buyer.
- The price to be paid for the goods by the Buyer shall be the price which is in force at the date that the Buyer places its order for the goods provided that at the time of placing the order for the goods the Buyer is ready to take immediate delivery of the goods, subject to availability.
- In the event that the Buyer is not prepared to accept the goods for immediate delivery then the Seller shall be entitled to payment for the goods at the price ruling at the time the Buyer is ready to accept delivery of the goods and in the event that a variation in price has occurred between the date of the Buyer's order and the delivery of the goods by the Seller the Buyer shall be obliged to take delivery of the goods at the new price.
- In the event that the goods which are the subject of the Buyer's order are not available for immediate delivery then the Seller will advise the Buyer of such and the Buyer shall be entitled to withdraw the order. In the event that the Buyer does not withdraw the order then the Seller shall be entitled for payment for the goods at the price applicable at the time they become available for delivery.
- Any quotation is subject to acceptance within 7 days of the quotation unless otherwise specified in writing. A contract accepted by the Seller cannot be cancelled by the Buyer except on terms that will fully compensate the Seller for any actual or anticipated expenses.
- Where applicable VAT at the statutory rate at the time of delivery will be charged.
- Payment for the goods shall be made within 30 days from the date of invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller.
- All payments due as detailed on the Sellers invoice must be paid in full with the exceptions of any discount which has previously been agreed in writing by the Seller and the Buyer.
- The Seller reserves the right to demand full or partial payment of any monies due and payable on any invoices before proceeding further with any other order placed by the Buyer.
- Where payment of any monies is overdue then upon advising the Buyer of its intentions to do so, the Seller may suspend the delivery of any goods ordered by the buyer or terminate any order placed by the Buyer without any further liability to the buyer. Any cost incurred by the Seller in obtaining payment for overdue amounts will be borne by the Buyer.
- If payment is not received by the due date the Seller may charge interest in accordance with the statutory terms of The Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 and reasonable debt recovery costs. Any sums due as interest payments will be invoiced to the Buyer at the end of each month for which any payments are outstanding.
- Title to the goods
- Property in the goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Buyer has made payment in full of all sums due to the Seller in respect of the goods provided always that the Seller shall nevertheless be entitled to maintain an action for the invoice price or any part thereof unpaid at any time after the due date for payment.
- If payment in full is not made by the due date then without prejudice to any other rights which the Seller may have it shall be at liberty to remove and sell the goods and apply the proceeds of Sale towards satisfaction of the Buyer's liability to the Seller under the contract of sale and the Seller shall be entitled to recover damages in respect of any loss of damage caused by the failure of the Buyer to make payment in full by the due date.
- Property in the goods supplied shall not pass to the Buyer or to any other person merely by virtue of becoming
affixed to the real or personal property of the Buyer or some other person.
- Pending payment of the purchase price the Buyer shall
- Store the goods separately from other goods
- Not alter or modify them in any way
- Keep the goods fully insured against all usual risks at the Buyer's expense.
- The Buyer shall be entitled to sell the goods to a third party within the normal course of its business provided that the proceeds of the sale of the goods be for the Sellers account and all monies deriving therefrom are identifiable until such time as the goods are paid for by the Buyer.
- For the purpose of this clause only:
- Where it is not possible to ascertain on the balance of probabilities whether any payment for goods made by the Buyer to the Seller is made in or towards satisfaction of the purchase price of particular goods such part payment shall be deemed to have been appropriated and applied by reference to the date order of the Seller's outstanding invoices delivered to the Buyer taking the earliest dated invoice first.
- Where it is not possible to ascertain on the balance of probabilities whether goods supplied by the Seller to the Buyer in the possession of the Buyer are goods in which property has passed to the Buyer all goods supplied by the Seller shall be deemed to have been dealt with by the Buyer on a first in first out basis.
- The Seller shall retain (legal and beneficial) title to the Products until the Buyer has paid all amounts outstanding to the Seller, including but not limited to the price for Products delivered and all other sums due to the Seller under any other agreements.
Should the Buyer be in default or should there be good reason to suspect that the Buyer may default on any of its obligations The Seller shall be entitled to remove the Products belonging to it from the Buyer’s possession or from the possession of a third party holding the Products on behalf of the Buyer at the Buyer’s expense. The Buyer is obliged to render all assistance necessary relating to the removal and will be liable for any reasonable costs in relation to the removal.
- The Seller will use its best endeavours to deliver the goods to the Buyer in accordance with delivery times agreed between the Seller and the Buyer. Notwithstanding this time shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable in any way for any loss or expense sustained by the Buyer.
- The Buyer will supply to the Seller all necessary details to enable the Seller to make delivery of the goods. The Buyer will accept delivery by mutual agreement with the Seller. If the Buyer refuses to accept delivery of the goods then:
- The Seller shall be entitled to the payment of all monies due in respect of such attempted delivery.
- The Seller shall be entitled to be indemnified by the Buyer for any consequential loss, damage or expense sustained as a result of the refusal by the Buyer to accept delivery.
- The Seller shall be entitled to sell the goods to a third party without prejudice to its right to claim damages from the Buyer or the Seller may store the goods at a place of its choosing at the cost of the Buyer.
- The Seller reserves the right to make delivery by instalments unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing.
- The Seller reserves the right to postpone or cancel delivery in whole or in part when it is delayed in or prevented from making delivery where such is occasioned by strikes, lockouts trade disputes or any other cause beyond the control of the Seller including but without limitation act of God, act of the Buyer or its agents, embargo or other government act or regulation, fire, accident, war, riot, delay in transportation, inability to obtain adequate labour, materials or manufacturing facilities, pestilence and the Seller shall not be bound to obtain goods in the open market with which to replace the goods delivery of which has been postponed or cancelled.
- The place of delivery will be the Buyers place of business unless otherwise agreed in writing and on delivery of the goods the Buyer shall be responsible for their unloading.
8. Damage or loss in transit
- The responsibility of the Seller for damage or loss in transit ends when the goods arrive at the designated point of delivery. The Seller will not be responsible for damage or loss during or after unloading of the goods.
- Within seven days of despatch of the goods the Buyer will examine them and where necessary will immediately notify the Seller by telephone, letter or facsimile and notify the Carrier by use of the Carriers delivery document of any error in quantity or description of the goods delivered, or that the goods were mixed with others not included in those which were to be delivered.
9. Guarantee and Liability Limitations
- The Seller warrants to the Buyer that it has the right to sell the goods and that the goods are free from any charge or encumbrance unknown to the Buyer.
- The Seller will provide to any end user of the goods a guarantee which will entitle him to have faulty goods repaired by the Seller free of charge within the period stated in the guarantee period subject to the terms and conditions of the guarantee having been fulfilled by the end user. The guarantee shall not affect the end users statutory rights.
- If any of the goods sold to the Buyer are faulty in workmanship or materials and any such faults become apparent prior to resale by the Buyer the Buyer shall notify the Seller immediately in writing. Upon receipt of the written notice the Seller shall at its discretion and dependent upon the circumstances either:
- replace the faulty goods with similar goods (if such similar goods are available); or
- refund the invoice price,
PROVIDED that the faulty goods are returned to the Seller
- If following resale of the goods by the Buyer the goods are found to be faulty in workmanship or materials within the guarantee period given by the Seller the Buyer shall at its discretion use its best endeavours to ensure that the end-user has the goods repaired under the terms of the guarantee. In the alternative if the end user requires the Buyer to satisfy any claim he may have within his statutory rights the Seller shall:
- make suitable arrangements for the goods to be repaired PROVIDED that the faulty goods are returned to the Seller as described in the "After-sales Service" section of the price list.
- supply the Buyer with replacement goods (if such replacement goods are available); or
- refund to the Buyer the invoice price at which the goods were sold to the Buyer.
- Save for damages for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Seller in the performance of the contract the Buyer shall not be entitled to claim from the Seller for any loss, damage or consequential loss which arises by way of negligence or other default.
The Seller's policy on returns is laid out in our "After-sales Service" document which is available upon request.
Except to the extent that conditions in paragraph 6 shall apply the Seller shall have a lien on all goods which the Buyer agrees to purchase from the Seller for all monies due from the Buyer to the Seller under any contract between them.
- Default by the Buyer
If the Buyer defaults in or commits any breach of any of its obligations to the Seller or ceases to carry on its business or a substantial part thereof or if any distress of execution is levied on any of the Buyers property or if the Buyer makes or offers to make any arrangement or composition with its creditors or commits any act of bankruptcy or if any resolution or petition to wind-up the Buyers business is presented or passed or a Receiver is
appointed of the Buyers undertaking, property or assets or any material part thereof then the Seller shall be entitled forthwith to terminate any contract with the Buyer then subsisting and on written notice of such termination being posted by the Seller to the Buyer's last known address and every subsisting contract shall be deemed to have been terminated without prejudice to any claim or right which the Seller might otherwise make or exercise.
13. Governing Law
These conditions and any contract of which they form part shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England.
- The unenforceability or invalidity of any part of these conditions shall not affect the enforceability or validity of the remainder.
- Failure by the Seller in any one or more instances to pursue any breach of these terms by the Buyer shall not be taken to constitute a condonation or waiver of the same.
These terms & conditions apply from 1st January 2023 and override all previous terms & conditions.
We have no minimum order amount but on orders under £500.00 before V.A.T. there is a carriage charge of £10.00 + V.A.T. For some items - including air-conditioners and other products which require pallets or special handling – there may be an additional charge for delivery.
There is a surcharge for goods delivered to N. Ireland, some addresses in the Highlands and Islands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands and all foreign destinations. The surcharge varies according to the consignment weight and size. Freight charges may change without notice.
Trade prices do not include V.A.T. but retail prices do.
For UK payments, our preferred method of payment is BACS.
Please note that we do not accept payment by credit card or PayPal.
When we describe a retail price as RRP, this is RoadPro’s retail price. This figure is given for information only and should not be regarded as a suggested or recommended retail price. All prices are subject to change without notice.
All products are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase by the end-user unless otherwise specified. However, unless otherwise specified, we can only provide this warranty for 15 months after the item was purchased from us. Please see our terms & conditions.
To place an order, you may ‘phone us between 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m., Monday - Friday, or e-mail us at any time or use the post or our website. ‘Phoned orders must be confirmed by e-mail or post. When ordering, please use our stock codes. You may also order via our trade website. Access requires a password which is available to trade customers upon request.
We aim to deliver most items to any U.K. mainland address within 3 working days of receipt of order. However, some items may take longer if they have to be ordered specially and there may occasionally be delays for other reasons.
When taking delivery of goods, please check that the number of cartons received corresponds with the number on the carrier’s consignment note. If there is any discrepancy or if any of the cartons appear to have been tampered with, it is important that you inform the delivery driver and make a note on both copies of the transport company’s consignment docket. Notify us immediately.
If you discover any shortages or discrepancies in the order itself, please ‘phone us straight away.
All claims must be made in writing. We will not accept claims for shortages which are made later than seven days from the date of despatch from our warehouse.
If goods need to be returned to us for any reason, please follow the procedures laid out in the “After Sales Service” section of this price list.
All orders are subject to our standard terms and conditions.
We appreciate the importance of dealing promptly and efficiently with problems associated with the products we supply. To help us achieve this, we use the following procedures: please ensure that the person who deals with your returns is familiar with them. Our terms for dealing with goods believed to be faulty or which you wish to return are described above in the terms and conditions but this is a more comprehensive guide to how we deal with such situations.
Please note: All goods are supplied with a “return to base” warranty. This means that goods must be returned to RoadPro before we can consider undertaking warranty work, replacing an item or giving credit for an item. RoadPro does not and will not pay for any costs incurred by the Buyer or a third party as a result of goods failing to work correctly for whatever reason.
Should you wish to return an item to us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please have the following information available:
- Your company name and postcode
- The RoadPro stock code of the faulty item
- The date of purchase by you and/or your customer
- The reason you wish to return the item
We will also ask you the following questions:
- Is the item damaged in any way? Are the power lead and lighter socket plug intact? (where applicable)
- Have you checked for blown fuses, incorrect connections, obvious misuse of the product?
- Is the item complete, including the original box, packaging, accessories, power cords, and instructions?
- Is the item securely packaged with the original packaging inside an outer box?
- Does the item require repair or are you requesting replacement or credit?
When we have all the information necessary, we will authorise the return and fax you a Customer Returns number - CRN. Write the CRN on the outside of the parcel - NOT the manufacturer's box. If the manufacturer's box is marked or damaged in any way, we will not issue a credit. Goods received without a CRN may not be accepted.
All returned goods must be packed securely inside an outer carton. We will not accept responsibility for damage or loss incurred during transit as a result of inadequate packaging.
CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE WILL REPAIR, REPLACE OR GIVE CREDIT FOR RETURNED GOODS
Goods returned to us faulty and in “As New” condition will be exchanged or credited if they have been returned within 30 days of the date of purchase by you or your customer. “As New” condition means that the item is indistinguishable from an equivalent new item apart from the claimed fault. It must have all leads, power supplies, connectors, remote control, aerial, batteries, documentation and anything else originally supplied as well as unmarked interior and exterior packaging.
We strongly suggest that, before giving a refund or replacing faulty goods for a customer, you should test the product yourself and check for any obvious signs of misuse. 12-volt products in particular should be carefully inspected for signs of having been connected to 24 volts. If the product has a burnt smell or if it's supposed to have “started smoking” or “blown up” shortly after being plugged in, the chances are that it has been incorrectly connected, either with reverse polarity, or to a 24-volt supply.
When replacing genuinely faulty items, replace only the defective product itself. Always keep the new box, documentation and all accessories and return them to us. We will not give credit for such items unless this is done.
Goods which are genuinely faulty but which do not qualify for credit or exchange will be repaired or replaced (at our discretion) during the period covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The warranty covers faults caused by defects in manufacture or materials. It does not apply in cases where the fault is a result of misuse, abuse or where a product has been modified or altered in any way e.g. the lighter socket plug has been removed. Such actions render the warranty invalid. After consultation with you, such goods will be repaired if possible and returned to you and a charge will be made.
Where a faulty product is exchanged, the replacement will be covered by the unexpired portion of the original guarantee.
If goods are returned to us and found not to be covered by a warranty, we will contact you to discuss the situation. Any carriage charges incurred by us will be passed on to you.
Goods that are returned to us as faulty but which we find to be not faulty will be returned to you. Any carriage charges incurred by us will be passed on to you.
A 20% re-stocking charge will be applicable to goods that are being returned simply because they are not required, or incorrectly ordered, and not as a result of incorrect supply or a fault, and will be deducted from the credit note. Returned goods must be in the same condition as they were in when we supplied them. In any case, we will not accept such items more than three months after the date of purchase from us. Items ordered specially by us will not be credited under any circumstances.
Goods which are returned to us and which have not been supplied by us will not be credited. We will advise you that the goods will be available for collection at your cost. Goods which have not been collected within 30 days will be disposed of.
Customers requiring faulty goods to be replaced before we receive the faulty item will be invoiced for a new item. The returned item will be dealt with as described above and in accordance with our normal procedures.
Please remember: All items returned to RoadPro Ltd must have a Customer Returns Number (CRN).
Goods returned to us without a CRN will not be accepted.
If you have any queries concerning these procedures, please email our returns department using the address: email@example.com.